Are you looking for natural sleep remedies? You’re not alone. Up to 1 in 5 Americans have trouble sleeping, but there are a few simple tips that can help you sleep better. The best part is they’re all natural and do not involve any sleeping pills or medications.
As a sleep specialist and online insomnia therapist, Elika Kormeili is frequently asked for her advise on how to improve sleep and fight insomnia. We all know how important it is to get a good night’s sleep but more and more people ask Elika about ways to get more Zzzz. A few months ago, Elika was asked by Beachbody to provide natural tips and remedies to improve sleep and fight off insomnia.
7 Natural Sleep Remedies
- Exercise helps improve sleep but make sure it’s not close to bedtime.
- Don’t Go To Bed Hunger…or too full of sugar. Consider a protein snack like a protein shake.
- Stay Cool. It’s hard to sleep when you feel hot, sticky and gross. So turn down the AC or turn on a fan.
- Certain scented oils can help decrease stress and improve sleep.
- No screens 2 hours before bedtime. That means T.V, laptops, cellphones and that fancy apple watch.
- Make sure to incorporate stress relieving activities and relaxation into your daily and nightly routine.
- Don’t try to force yourself to sleep. The worse thing you can do when you have trouble sleeping is panic! So just focus on resting and remind yourself to breath.
Click here to read the full article and learn more about Elika’s 7 natural sleep remedies to help you get a better night’s sleep.
Elika understands how important good sleep is. If you or a loved one struggles with falling asleep or staying asleep, contact Elika at 424-274-2256 or click here to schedule a complimentary sleep therapy consultation.